Implementation of the Holy Hour in the Parishes
Let us pray for Vocations to the Priesthood and for our priests so
they will be strengthened, protected and guided by the Holy Spirit:
1. Ask the Pastor for exposition of the Holy Eucharist; offer prayer
and conclude with Benediction with the Blessed Sacrament.
2. If your parish has an Adoration program, ask your Pastor for permission for one hour a week (to be dedicated to this ministry). Pray the enclosed prayers in the booklet with several others and then continue with silent prayer.
3. If your parish does not have an Adoration program, ask
permission of your pastor for a suitable time in Church to pray for
priests before the Tabernacle.
4. If your parish is small or for any other reason is unable to
have a Holy Hour for priests you can join neighboring parishes for
this special prayer hour for priests.
5. Whatever method you select it is important to pray at least once
a week. (The most preferable day for the Holy Hour is Thursday, because of its connection to Holy Thursday when Christ instituted both the Eucharist and the Priesthood. But if this is not possible, any day will do.)
6. Please distribute these prayers to others in the parish who
are disabled, sick or bedridden and ask them to join you in prayer
from their homes.
7. Each prayer group in the parish will have a coordinator who
will be in contact with a member of the Pope John Paul II
Eucharistic Adoration Association of the Archdiocese of
Dr. Stefania Chase is the Director of support and planning for your